Sunday, July 02, 2006

A Unique Spin on Dessert: Rice Pudding

Tonight was my roommate’s birthday. In celebration, a group of us went out for the evening and in our travels we decided to check out Rice to Riches (www.richtoriches.com). This is one of those chic boutique type restaurants serving only one type of food-in this case rice pudding. Tonight they were serving 20 different flavors of rice pudding. My favorite of all the ones I tried was ‘Category 5’ Caramel. I wasn’t a huge fan of the Almond, but many people in my group thought this one was the best. The people at the counter will let you have a taste of any flavor, and pretty much everyone I saw tasted more than one flavor before making their final decision about what to order. I got a Solo size (advertised as feeding one), but I would recommend having a friend share it. I would have liked an option for a cheaper smaller portion, since the solo was $5, and way to much food for one person. However, other than that, I really enjoyed my dessert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home