Monday, May 29, 2006

Cutting Edge Comedy

Last night, relatively unexpectedly, I found myself going to see the free Sunday night show at the Upright Citizens Brigade (www.ucbtheatre.com). While this is not a particularly hidden event going on every Sunday night at 9:30 (get there by 8:30 for standing room seating or 7:45 for tickets-the free tickets are distributed at 8:15), it is something that I have never made the time to go to before. While there, I laughed, a lot. The comedy is smart, moving smoothly from person to person, as ideas continue to connect throughout the show. They ended with a bit about substitute teaching that was particularly amusing. If that isn’t reason enough to go, I also drank $2 beer (so cheap…). It’s funny. It’s free. It’s an all around good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home