Sunday, May 28, 2006

A Scoop of Summer

One thing that I think of when envisioning summertime is ice cream. And nothing is more indulgent than ice cream of the gelato variety. Yesterday, I went on an adventure in Brooklyn, and while there were many enjoyable elements to my trip, walking down the street in the beautiful Memorial Day weekend sunshine eating gelato with a good friend was a true highlight.

I wasn’t even quite in the mood for ice cream at the time, but my friend was insistent that this was the right late afternoon snack. We walked into Tempo Presto(http://www.tempobrooklyn.com/home2.htm). This is the little café that is associated with Tempo Restaurant and Wine Bar on Fifth Ave in Brooklyn. My scoop of gelato was a bit pricey at $3.50 for a single scoop, but where else are you going to get Banana Bourbon Pecan Gelato. It was extra decadent, creamy and unique. While I was very impressed with the flavor of my gelato, my friend was less impressed with her vanilla, so I would recommend going with a more unusual flavor in order to make the cost worthwhile (although she also swears by the virtues of vanilla ice cream, which I think is very respectable). Furthermore, if you eat at the actual restaurant and get gelato for dessert, it is $7.00, so this $3.50 version of the same product is actually a steal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home